Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Here We Go!!


            That awkward moment when someone asks you tell more about yourself, and you don't know what to say! First of all my name is April Bowen and I am a professional photographer. Recently, I graduated from Nossi College of Art where I studied Commercial photography and received my Associates Degree. I don't really see myself as a commercial photographer but more of a Children's, Sports,  and Fine Arts photographer. I'm a mother of four awesome military brat's. We now live in Nashville, Tennessee, where I was born and raised. 



    To be honest, I am laid back and full of comfort (love my jeans, Tees, and flip flops). My favorite things are: my family, traveling, drive inn movies, Hockey, the outdoors, and coffee.. Did I mention that I love coffee? Recently, I won two Gold Addy Awards for 2012 in the Local and District competition here in Nashville, Tennessee. I took my passion for children and photography and created an Addy Award winning piece. I love kids and how they embrace life! That may explain why I have so many...

        The feeling I get when I am behind a camera is a rush that I cannot explain. I let the subject speak for itself. I believe the best photograph is one that is not posed but one that shows who you really are and your true self. 

I hope that wasn't to boring... That being said, I will be posting more about myself, my work, and general photography information.  Please feel free to leave comments and critiques.



No comments:

Post a Comment